The project, proposed for the former Giesche Shoe site and the Village owned parking lot at 418-424 N. Main Street, features a mixed use building including 8,844 square feet of first floor commercial space and 107 luxury apartment units on the second through fifth floors. Additionally, as part of the project, a two story parking garage will incorporate public parking on the first floor and residential parking on the second floor. The parking intended for public use will replace the existing parking on the site to include a total of 137 public parking spaces.
Frequently Asked Questions
For a listing of Frequently Asked Questions, please visit here.
- April 11, 2019: Village Board Approves Final PUD Plans
- March 18, 2019: Plan Commission to Consider Final PUD Plans
- January 29, 2019: Village Board Approves Development
Preliminary Planned Unit Development
The petitioners requested approval of a Special Use for a Planned Unit Development and Exterior Appearance approval to construct a five-story mixed use development on the Giesche Shoe property and the Village owned parking lot, generally located at the northwest corner of HIllside Avenue and Main Street.
- Plan Commission reviewed and recommended approval of the project at a Public Hearing on January 7, 2019
- At the Village Board meeting on January 28, 2019, the Village Board granted approval of the following:
- An Ordinance approving a Redevelopment Agreement between the Village of Glen Ellyn and GSP Development, LLC.
- A Special Use Permit for the preliminary Planned Unit Development with deviations.
- Exterior Appearance Approval.
Final Planned Unit Development
During the Final Planned Unit Development approval process, the Plan Commission and the Village Board review if the final PUD plans are in substantial conformance with the approved preliminary Plans. The purpose of these meetings are not to reconsider the special use/zoning entitlements which were previously granted under the preliminary plan approval.
- On Thursday, March 28, the Village's Plan Commission unanimously recommended approval to the Village Board of the Final Planned Unit Development (PUD) plans for the Apex 400 Development.
- On Monday, April 8, the Glen Ellyn Village Board approved the final Planned Unit Development (PUD) plans for the Apex 400 Development.
Meeting agendas and minutes: To view past agendas and minutes related to this project, for both the Plan Commission and Village Board, please visit the Agendas & Minutes page.