Current Commission Members
Mark Reinke, Chair
Patrick Hohe, Student Commissioner
Intent & Purpose
- To advise the Village Board on matters relating to the Village Links and all recreation areas owned by the Village
Duties & Responsibilities
In order to advise on matters pertaining to recreation and to the planning, operation and maintenance of recreation facilities, the Recreation Commission performs a number of activities including, but not limited to:
- Recommending goals and service standards to Recreation Department staff.
- Reviewing management and financial reports to ensure that desirable results are achieved.
- Reviewing monthly activity reported by Recreation Department staff.
- Meeting annually with the Director of Golf, Golf Course Superintendent and Food Service Manager to review activities of those operating divisions.
- Providing Recreation Department staff with suggestions for changes and improvements.
- Participating in ad hoc committees considering major changes to recreation facilities or operations. These ad hoc committees may include staff, residents, consultants and representatives of other groups.
- Reviewing annually the draft User Fee Schedule prepared by the Recreation Department staff. The draft User Fee Schedule includes green fees, cart rental fees and driving range fees. Following review of the draft User Fee Schedule, the Recreation Commission makes a recommendation to the Village Board regarding this schedule. The User Fee Schedule follows the Recreation Department Policy Statement, which is periodically reviewed by the Recreation Commission and adopted by the Village Board.
- Conducting the “Legends of the Links” program. This program honors individuals who have made a noteworthy contribution to the Village Links. The Commission determines the criteria for recognition and selects individuals to be honored.
- Touring the recreation facilities periodically to stay informed about conditions and issues related to a particular facility.
The Recreation Commission meets the last Friday of the month at 7:00 AM at the Village Links.
Agendas & Minutes
To view current and past agendas and minutes for the Village's Boards & Commissions, please visit here.
To apply to serve on one of the Village's Boards & Commissions, visit here.