Forestry, Trees & Landscaping
The Public Works Department directs programs to enhance the health and diversity of trees located on public grounds. To learn more about the Village’s forestry programs or others, view the Arboricultural Specifications Manual (PDF) or the most recent Forestry Program Newsletter (PDF).
Private Tree Removal
A permit is not required to remove a tree from private property; however, by ordinance, removals by tree care companies must be reported within seven days after the removal is completed. Please call Public Works for more information.
Village Code requires that weeds be mowed to less than 8 inches. View the complete weed ordinance (PDF) for more information.
For more information regarding mulching techniques, please read about proper mulching techniques (From International Society of Arboriculture) (PDF).
Branch & Brush
Branch and brush collection occurs once a month starting in May and ending in October of each year. Collection occurs on the second Monday of the month for Hill Avenue and north of Hill Avenue. Collection occurs on the third Monday of the month for homes located south of Hill Avenue. Please follow the following regulations for branch and brush collection:
- No stickers needed
- Branch and brush must be out at the curb by 7 a.m. on the Monday of collection
- Material should not be bundled, wrapped in wire/twine or placed in containers
- Branches may not exceed 10-inches in diameter
- Brush pile cannot contain stumps, roots (or any material from below ground level), lumber or foreign objects/debris/plastic
- Brush pile may not be a result of work done by a contactor