For Business Owners
New Business Owners
The Economic Development Office is available to assist with site selection, demographic information and guide you to resources to help your business succeed.
- Business Registration Application
- New Business Checklist
- New Business Quick Contacts
- View our available properties list.
- View demographics and the trade area profile.
Existing Glen Ellyn Business Owners
The Economic Development Office has resources to help existing business owners expand and grow their business as well as offer resources to assist with resolution of business issues.
- Learn about incentives for expanding businesses.
- Find available spaces for expansion.
- Find technical resources for business growth.
- Stay current with local business news by signing up for the Economic Development e-newsletter.
Celebrations and Special Events
The Village looks forward to celebrating your grand opening, anniversary events or other special events to mark your business's success. Applications may be required for various outdoor displays or attention getting devices.
- Outdoor displays, (including tents, promotional activities, and outdoor merchandise sales, display or storage) are generally not allowed unless a Special Use Permit has been granted or as part of a Special Event.
- The process to request a Special Use Permit involves a public hearing conducted by the Plan Commission, and approval by the Village Board, application fee applies. This is a one-time approval process with no need for annual renewal. Special Use Permit Application
- The Special Event Application must be submitted 60 days prior to the event for review by Village Staff and possible Village Board approval. Special Event Application