The Glen Ellyn Historic Preservation Commission supports homeowners and builders who help preserve our Village's historic character. Each year the Commission reviews projects completed within the previous year for its annual Historic Preservation Awards.
Entries were accepted for residential (single-family and multi-family), commercial and institutional buildings. The Commission discussed the merits of each application and selected the following recipients for their projects completed in 2018:
- Restoration of the Year Award: Tim & Kaci Snyder (485 Hawthorne Boulevard) and Steven & Carrie Morris (478 Phillips Avenue).
- Remodel of the Year Award: Ian & Elizabeth Dawson (869 Hillside Avenue) and Monica & Timothy Dunneback (413 Cottage Avenue).
- Streetscape Compatibility Award: Charles Chejfec (732 Crescent Boulevard) and Eric & Maryanne Deaton (667 Highland Avenue).
- Architectural Details Award: William & Marta Webb (419 N. Park Boulevard)
- Certificates of Appreciation: Jeff & Cindy West (228 Forest Avenue), Michael & Ursula Bryant (906 Roslyn Road) and Kevin & Abby Doyle (366 Turner Avenue).
For a full description, including photos, of the 2018 award winners, please visit here.