The DuPage County Health Department Care Van will make stops in various locations across the County in the upcoming months. The van will be in Glen Ellyn on the following dates:
- Saturday, October 16, 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m., Ackerman Sports and Fitness Center
- Saturday, November 6, 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m., Ackerman Sports and Fitness Center
Those in need of the COVID-19 vaccine are able to walk up to the Care Van and receive the vaccination from a Health Department nurse. The clinic is free and open to all people 12 years or older, including those who do not have health insurance or legal immigration status. The Care Van will offer either the Pfizer vaccine which requires two doses 21 days apart or the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Please note that anyone under 18 years old must have a parent or legal guardian accompany them.
What you should know about the COVID-19 vaccination:
- You will need to sit in observation for at least 15 minutes and possibly up to 30 minutes based on clinical history.
- You will need to keep the vaccination card with the date of your first dose on it. If you get the Pfizer vaccine, you will need to get a second dose AT LEAST 21 days from your first dose. If you get the Johnson & Johnson, you will only need one dose.
- You are not considered “fully” vaccinated until 2 weeks after your final dose of vaccine.