In June, the Glen Ellyn Village Board approved a 24 month contract (October 2020 - October 2022) with Eligo Energy, based in Chicago, as the Village’s new energy supplier through the Electric Aggregation Program. Ratepayers will be charged exactly the ComEd rate and will enjoy the added benefit of 100 percent Green Energy.
Notices will be mailed to residents and small businesses on August 11
All residents and small businesses will receive one of the below notices:
- If your notice reads “Green Aggregation Notice” no further action is needed and you will be automatically enrolled with Eligo. With this option, you will never pay more than the ComEd rate. You have the choice to opt out of this program, if desired.
- If your notice reads “Informational Only: Hourly” or “Informational Only: Net Metering” your electric supplier and account will remain unchanged, at its current status. If you are interested in participating in the Village’s program, please contact Eligo directly at 312-262-6656.
- If your notice reads “Informational Only: Return to ComEd Service” your account will be moved from the current supplier, Constellation, to ComEd supply service. Please note, if you receive this notice, you are still considered a member of the Glen Ellyn Electric Aggregation program.
Why are some accounts at ComEd and some at Eligo Energy?
Residents, whether with Eligo or moved to ComEd supply, will be considered a member of the Glen Ellyn Electric Aggregation program, with energy usage offset by Green Energy. Suppliers analyze every meter and depending on complex usage patterns, certain accounts are selected to remain with ComEd, while others will be switched to Eligo.
- Ratepayers will be charged exactly the ComEd rate, with no risk of paying more than ComEd.
- No hidden fees, no termination fee and flexibility to join or leave the program.
- The Village retains designation and ranking as a US EPA Green Power Community.
- Residents’ power consumption is offset by Green Energy generated from renewable generation sources located in the midwest, for zero cost.
- The Village’s carbon footprint will continue to be reduced.
Be Aware of Potential Solicitors
Please note that representatives from Eligo, ComEd or the Village will not visit your home or call you to enroll in the program. If a solicitor claims to be from one of these entities, please take their information and report the incident to the Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC). Never reveal your ComEd account number or allow a solicitor to view your ComEd bill unless you are certain you wish to enroll with that supplier and have read all terms and conditions.
About the Village’s Electric Aggregation Program
The Electric Aggregation Program was passed by a referendum in 2012, which authorizes the Village to operate an opt-out electric aggregation program for residents and small business ratepayers. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has nationally recognized Glen Ellyn as a “Green Power Partner” community and has ranked the Village as the 22nd "greenest" community in the United States.
For More Information
- Visit Eligo Energy’s website which includes a listing of Frequently Asked Questions
- Call Eligo Energy at 312-262-6656 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.