Roosevelt Road Hotel Properties
Updated October 3, 2022
On January 12, 2022 the Village of Glen Ellyn closed on two Roosevelt Road hotel properties at a cost of $2.85 million. The properties consist of approximately 2.2 acres and include two buildings located at 675-677 Roosevelt Road and 660 Taft Road.
In anticipation of closing on the hotel properties, the Village issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) in August. In September, the Village selected Kon Savoy Consulting Group of Evanston, IL to assist in identifying a vision for redevelopment of the site and to recruit potential developers. The Village has begun accepting public input on the redevelopment of the properties, which will continue through late April.
In February 2022, the Village Board established the Roosevelt Road/Taft Avenue Hotel Sites Work Group and appointed ten members of the Glen Ellyn community. The Ad Hoc Work Group held three public listening sessions in April, May and June to solicit public input and gather information on potential redevelopment of the sites. To view recordings of the meetings, please click on the links under "Public Input Process" below.
Following completion of the Listening Sessions by the Ad Hoc Work Group, the Village will be engaging in a visioning process. The process will be led by the Village's consultant, Kon Savoy Consulting, and wil bring together existing site constraints, the results of a market analysis and the public input received. This information will be used to inform the development of up to five (5) different concept plans for the site. Concepts considered for the site may include commercial retail and restaurant uses, multi-family housing, attainable housing, or mixed-use development.
Draft Conceptual Plan Feedback
The Village has developed a site for community members to provide feedback on the draft conceptional site plans for the Roosevelt Road Hotel properties in Glen Ellyn. Five different options are under consideration. We invite you to provide your feedback.
Public Comment via Social Pinpoint
To provide or view public comment the Village has received regarding potential redevelopment alternatives for the property, click here.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Open House Presentation - Part 1
- Open House Presentation - Part 2
- Public Engagement Process Presentation
- Village Board Memo Public Engagement Process
- Village Board Memo Design Charrette Proces
- Village Board Memo Hotel Property Acquisition
- Village Board Memo Kon Savoy Contract
- Roosevelt Road Hotel Properties RFP Presentation
- Press Release - Hotel Closing
- Press Release - Hotel Purchase & Sale Agreement
- Request for Proposals (RFP)- Developer Recruitment Services
- 2021 Draft Comprehensive Plan Concept Plan
- Phase I ESA
- Appraisal - 675-677 Roosevelt Road - Hotels 2021
- Property Survey 2021
- Glen Ellyn Roosevelt Road Market Analysis 12-20-21
- Ordinance Approving Purchase and Sale Agreement - Hotels 675-677 Roosevelt - 2021
- Full Circle LOI for Roosevelt and Exmoor Proposal
- Charette Summary of Alternative Concept Designs
- Charette Summary Report