Avere on Duane
Reva Development plans to construct a four story, 48-unit luxury rental building that will provide an underground parking garage and additional surface parking. This transit-oriented development will offer one bedroom, one bedroom with a den, two bedroom, and two bedroom with a den apartments that range in size from approximately 868 square feet to 1,615 square feet. The proposed architecture and unit mix is designed to appeal to a wide range of Glen Ellyn residents including young professionals, empty nesters and relocating families. The building will be professionally managed and provides amenities such as bicycle storage, pet wash/grooming area, and smart home technology. The intent of the project is to create tasteful architectural style that fits into the character of the Glen Ellyn community.
- Rendering - Aerial
- Rendering - Main Entrance
- Floor Plans
- Landscape Plan
- Site Plan
- Traffic Study
- Market Study
- Developer’s Narrative Statement
Please note: Submittals show only a portion of the documents. If you are interested in seeing the entire submittal, please visit the Community Development Department at 535 Duane Street or call (630) 547-5250 for further information.
The petitioners have requested approval of a Special Use for a Planned Unit Development with Zoning Deviations, a Special Use to allow dwelling units in the C5B Central Business District zoning district, a Zoning Map Amendment to rezone 3 parcels on the property at 425 Melrose Avenue, a Sign Variation to allow two residential identification signs on the site and Exterior Appearance approval to construct a four-story multi-family development on the properties located at 427-443 Duane Street and 425-431 Melrose Avenue directly south of the Glen Ellyn Public Library.
- The Plan Commission reviewed conceptual plans for the project on November 9, 2017 at a public pre-application meeting. The Plan Commission was generally supportive of the project in concept.
- The petitioners submitted their formal applications and plans in January, 2019. After several staff reviews, the petitioners’ application packet of materials and plans were scheduled for a Public Hearing before the Plan Commission.
- The Plan Commission reviewed and recommended approval of the project at a Public Hearing on June 20, 2019.
- The Village Board approved the Planned Unit Development Plan at the July 8, 2019 Village Board Meeting. View the full press release here.
Meeting agendas and minutes: To view past agendas and minutes related to this project, please visit the Agendas & Minutes page.