Freedom of Information & Open Meetings Act
Freedom of Information Act
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is intended for residents or businesses who want to view Village documents.
Submit a FOIA Request
For information regarding the Village’s FOIA rules and regulations, please visit the Guide to Accessing Public Records (PDF) or contact the Village Clerk’s Office.
Open Meetings Act
Temporary Public Comment Form
As of March 16, 2020, in accordance to Governor Pritzker’s Executive Order 2020-07, the Village continues to hold essential Village Board and Board/Commission meetings. However, due to health concerns, the public is encouraged to view meetings and participate remotely.
Residents have the opportunity to submit public comment by completing one of the forms below. All public comments submitted prior to the Audience Participation portion of the agenda will be read into the official record, and any comments received during the meeting will be read into the record during the appropriate portion of the agenda.
- Village Board Public Comment Form
- Board of Fire and Police Commissioners Public Comment Form
- Capital Improvements Commission Public Comment Form
- Environmental Commission Public Comment Form
- Finance Commission Public Comment Form
- Historic Preservation Commission Public Comment Form
- Plan Commission Public Comment Form
- Police Pension Board Public Comment Form
- Zoning Board of Appeals Public Comment Form
More About the Open Meetings Act
The Open Meetings Act is intended to ensure that the actions of public bodies be taken openly and that their deliberations be conducted openly. Read a brief Guide to the Open Meetings Act (PDF).
In compliance with the Illinois Open Meetings Act, the Village posts times, dates, and locations of all public meetings of the Village Board and advisory boards and commissions. Information on all meetings can be obtained by emailing the Village Clerk’s Office.