Building Board of Appeals
Current Board Members
Thomas Bredfeldt, Chair
The Building Board of Appeals consists of 7 members including:
- Village staff member from Building Division
- The Fire Chief
- The remaining five members shall have some experience or education in one or more of the following:
- Builder/developer/general contractor
- Building inspector
- Mechanical/electrical/plumbing/fire protection contractor
- Related field
The Building Board of Appeals shall consist of members who are qualified by experience or training to review matters pertaining to building, mechanical, electrical, plumbing or fire protection construction. The board shall include the appropriate staff members and qualified volunteers.
Intent & Purpose
To provide a hearing body for appeals from administrative decisions of the Building and Zoning Official and to advise the Village Board regarding amendments to the National Building Code for the Village.
Duties & Responsibilities
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Building Board of Appeals are:
- To establish a time for and conduct public hearings and make written finding of fact and recommendations to the Village Board concerning Appeals from any final order, requirement, decision or determination made by an administrative official charged with the enforcement of the Building Code.
- To review and evaluate the provisions of the Building Code and to advise the Village Board concerning amendments to the Building Code for conformance with industry standards.
- To hear and decide all matters referred to it by the Village Board or upon which it is required to act under the Village Code, or as prescribed by the applicable provisions of the Illinois Revised Statutes.
Meets as necessary
Agendas & Minutes
To view current and past agendas and minutes for the Village's Boards & Commissions, please visit here.
Public Comment Form
If you wish to offer public comment, please complete this form. This will not be read into the public record at a meeting but will be forwarded to the Commission for consideration.
To apply the serve on one of the Village's Boards & Commissions, visit here.