Where to Park During Streetscape Construction?
Overnight Village Street Parking
Parking is not permitted overnight on Village streets from 2-6 AM. If you do park on the street overnight, your car may be ticketed. Exceptions can be made for special circumstances by contacting the Police Department at 630-469-1187 no later than 1 AM.
Beginning January 1, 2023, no overnight parking is allowed in all municipal owned permit lots and 3 municipal owned lots (Main/Crescent, Pennsylvania East, and Crescent/Glenwood-metered section) between 2-6 AM Monday - Friday without an overnight parking permit. Exceptions can be made for special circumstances by contacting the Police Department at 630-469-1187 no later than 1 AM.
Overnight parking permits allow parking in Main St - Glenwood Extension, Civic Center Garage - Lower Level & 2nd Level, Pennsylvania West, and Main/Crescent lots within designated areas during the hours of 6PM - 7AM Monday - Friday.
Overnight parking permits are issued semi-annually (January-June & July-December). Fee is $100 per permit.
Downtown Parking Options
The Village of Glen Ellyn has eight parking lots available for use in the downtown area that includes permit, lease, meter, or pay-as-you-park options.
- Commuter Parking - Parking options for individuals who commute into the Village for business and/or to access the Glen Ellyn Metra Train Station. There are permit and pay-as-you-park options available to these individuals. The current waitlist period is three years for a first available permit space, and seven years for a parking lot space adjacent to the train station. Please download and complete the Parking Waitlist Application (PDF). Commuters may also register for a motorcycle parking permit via the Motorcycle, Scooter, Moped Parking Application (PDF).
- Customer Parking- Parking options for individuals who visit the downtown to shop, eat, or play.
- Free on-street parking, and pay-as-you-go parking meters are available for customer parking.
- The Glen Ellyn Parking Garage (located directly behind the Civic Center at 535 Duane Street) offers free 3-hour customer parking on the 1st Level and 2nd Level. Free public parking is available throughout the entire garage after 3PM daily and all day on weekends. Please note that there is no parking from 2-6AM, except by overnight permit.
- The Main St parking lot offers free 3-hour customer parking. Please note that there is no parking from 2-6AM, except by overnight permit.
- Free customer parking is available in most permitted lots after 11AM. Please check maps and signage in lots to ensure when free parking becomes available.
- Merchant/Employee Parking - Parking options for individuals who work in the downtown commercial district. There are permit parking options available to these individuals.
- Blue Dot Parking offers employees of the downtown business district to park in designated areas at a reduced rate while they are at work. Blue Dot permit holders are exempt from posted time restrictions in the Blue Dot zones. Please download and complete the Application for Blue Dot Permit.
2023 Parking Permit Fees
|Parking Location||Resident Annual*||Non-Resident Annual*||Merchant Annual*|
|Civic Center Garage - 3rd & 4th Levels||$500||Unavailable||$250|
|Main St - Glenwood Extension Lot||Unavailable||Unavailable||$250|
|Pennsylvania West Lot||$400||Unavailable||$200|
|Train Station Lots||$500||Unavailable||$250|
*Requires renewal every year in order to maintain parking permit
Parking Kiosks & Passport App
Parking patrons in the Duane/Lorraine lot and train lot have convenient user-friendly ways to pay for daily parking.
Electronic kiosks accept both credit cards and cash, with no additional user fees.
Parking patrons can also utilize the Passport Parking App or pay for their parking online at passportparking.com. Users can pay for parking and any violation fees online or through the app. Certain convenience fees will apply.
- Download the Passport Parking app from the App Store or Google Play
- Open the app
- Enter your phone number, verify your account and create a passcode
- Find your parking zone number from the nearby sign and enter it into the app
- Add your vehicle information
- Select the daily rate and time you will be parking
- Pay for your parking using the app and go on your way
Pay a Parking Citation Online
The option is available to pay your Village parking citation online here.
Contest a Parking Violation by Mail
The Village of Glen Ellyn allows citizens to contest parking violations by mail, in lieu of appearing in person at the scheduled hearing date for the violation.
Download and complete the Request for Administrative Review form. Return the completed form, along with copies of any documentation you may have to support your argument. Do not send original documents; nothing will be returned. This must be mailed to:
Glen Ellyn Police Department
Attn: Records/Traffic Compliance Administrator
65 S. Park Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
All paperwork must be postmarked or received at the Police Department, no later than three business days prior to the Administrative Hearing. Requests will not be accepted after that time and continuances will not be granted if the request arrives late. Emails are not accepted.
All materials will be reviewed by the Hearing Officer on the day of the Administrative Hearing. A notice will be sent to the petitioner via US mail after the Hearing Officer enters a finding.
Any findings of liability will include a $10 court fee in addition to the original fine amount.