The Village of Glen Ellyn is optimally located 23 miles west of downtown Chicago at the geographic enter of affluent DuPage County, Illinois. Visit our Downtown Map and Parking for a visual overview of downtown parking for shoppers and visitors and key downtown landmarks.
- North Avenue (State Route 64)
- Butterfield Road (State Route 56)
- Roosevelt Road (State Route 38)
State Route 53 North-South Tollway (I-355)
Just minutes away!
- East-West Tollway (I-88, and the “High-Tech” Corridor)
- Eisenhower Expressway (I-290)
- Tri-State Tollway (I-294)
- DuPage Airport, general aviation, 15 minutes west
- Midway Airport, 24 miles southeast, 45 minutes
- O’Hare International Airport, 20 miles northeast, 30 to 45 minutes
Downtown Glen Ellyn has one of the busiest commuter rail stations on the Union Pacific West Line providing a convenient 36-minute trip to and from Chicago’s Loop business district during rush hour. METRA train access to Glen Ellyn is a smart and fun alternative for shoppers, diners, theater-goers, business people and visitors from neighboring communities and the city of Chicago. View the schedule of METRA trains servicing downtown Glen Ellyn.
Suburban PACE Buses
Services commuters using Glen Ellyn’s METRA rail station from neighboring communities. View bus routes and schedules.
Illinois Prairie Path
The regional Illinois Prairie Path runs parallel to the Metra/Union Pacific rail line. This recreational trail links Glen Ellyn with its east-west neighbors and brings bicycle and pedestrian traffic through the center of Glen Ellyn’s downtown business district with immediate proximity to shops, restaurants and services.