New Business Checklist
- Contact Village of Glen Ellyn Economic Development:
New Business Toolkit (PDF)
- Access "How To" guidance to prepare your Business Plan:
- Research Village permit requirements and approval process on the Building Permit and Inspections page.
- Complete the Food & Beverage Tax Registration Form.
- For food service operators, contact DuPage County Health Department, Phone: 630-682-7400.
- Search the corporate/LLC database for name availability with the Illinois Secretary of State Office, Phone: 217-782-9521.
- Register your business name with the DuPage County Clerk's Office, Phone: 630-682-7035.
- Apply for a Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) with the Internal Revenue Service.
- Register with State for tax identification number and withholding for employees with the Illinois Department of Revenue.
- Register to remit unemployment insurance payments for employees with the Illinois Department of Employment Security, Phone: 800-247-4984.
- Apply for a liquor license, if needed, with the Village of Glen Ellyn Deputy Clerk via email, Phone: 630-469-5000.
- Register your business or apply for an Occupancy Certificate by completing the Business Registration Form (PDF).
- Apply for downtown parking permits for business owner and employees with the Village Cashier's Office located in the Civic Center, 535 Duane Street, 1st floor, Phone: 630-547-5235.
- Consider joining the Glen Ellyn Chamber of Commerce and/or the Alliance of Downtown Glen Ellyn